MichaelDiMilo.com

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Babs and Knuckles Acknowledgements


Animation has always been part my Babs and Knuckles puppet series. The introduction is animated and some episodes feature short cartoon segues. For this installment I wanted to have the cartoon take over the whole episode.


Much of the look of Mike was influenced by the limited, television animation of Hanna Barbara cartoons. All the drawings for this short was done using gouache, acrylic and ink on paper which was then composited with Photoshop and After Effects. This technique gives the images a depth I have difficulty reproducing with digital brushes and effects. My hope was to capture a little of that hand-made goodness of those old TV cartoons.

The West Allis Cheese jingle is included because I really like their cheese. King Daddy who did the music had only the lyrics and a rough animatic to work with. My niece, Frankie Carter provided the vocals.


I also want to extend my sincere apologies for impersonating Daws Butler's impersonation of Ed Wynn.

No comments: